Tuesday 3 July 2012

"Bumpy brood" and newts

We found this newt in the muck heap yesterday,greatly relieved we didn't stab it with the fork.
We visited the bees and no bumpy brood so the new queen is laying well. The hives are full and the bees are hungry and quite cross there is certainly no spare honey.
I am off to the local supplier Richard Martin to buy a new veil today, mine has a hole covered with gaffer tape, but each time I visit Hive 1 a bee wants to join me inside my childsize veil, how they find the hole I don't know but it makes me anxious and they know that !
The Strawberry fair at Alder Carr went well ,the sun shone,children played, the food sold out and everyone seemed happy. I sold a few items ,talked about willow and have requests for more workshops.
It is raining again the wettest June so far. 80.75 mm (just over 3 inches)  here in our part of Mid Suffolk other parts of the country have had far more than us.

No comments:

Post a Comment